What makes Sunshine special?
One of Sunshine's greatest achievements is our longevity. We have been providing excellent quality provision for over 27 years, and over that period of time have educated and cared for thousands of children! This makes us unique.
We regularly receive reports from parents who's children continue to 'love learning' and enjoy formal schooling. We know many who also continue their studies right through to University level. We are also lucky to have second generation children who's parents are now in their mid-late 20's!
As a family run daycare, we have always emphasised the benefits of a home-from-home setting. We believe that in order to nurture development, children must first feel safe and secure. Only when this is established can effective learning take place.
What we offer
- Homely, warm and safe environment
- Small classes in well structured and spacious rooms
- A welcome pack containing relevant documentation and information (a small non-refundable charge of £30 to cover admin costs & secure your booking).
- Excellent quality education & care delivered by our highly qualified and experienced staff
- Personalised learning journal lovingly created by your key person containing observations, information, next steps, planning, photographs, and artwork.
- Fantastic facilities that are updated and modified regularly
- A recently extended (Nov 2018) Pre-school (3yrs+) room with indoor areas that cover the whole EYFS curriculum, a toileting room equipped with 2 child sized toilets and sinks. A new (Nov 2018) paved area with raised flower beds for growing plants/vegetables, a large AstroTurf garden with access to a range of large and small apparatus (age/stage appropriate). Separate under-covered areas to encourage and enable learning objectives as part of the EYFS. A Sensory garden, 6ft sit in sand pit area with messy kitchen and a Wildlife garden with pond (secured).
- Separate under 2-3's garden for exploratory and physical play. Artificial grass enables children to play without the fear of muddy clothes all year round, it also creates a soft surface in-case of trips/falls. They benefit from there own sunken sandpit, role play area and summerhouse for story time.
- A brand new outdoor play area for our under 2's with soft playground surface ideal for tiddlers and toddlers alike. This area enables the little ones to stretch there legs and practice those physical skills! A canopy creates a large shaded area so children can play safely in the warm weather either in the sandpit or with the water tray.
- A 'Sunshine bus' enables us to take 6 children, at one time, tut on planned trips. The bus has 6 individual seats with seat-belts, sunshades and rain cover for all weathers. A great opportunity for little ones to observe and take in the world around them. We also have a 4-seater buggy.
- All-in-one waterproof playing clothes for outdoor use, plus some spare wellington boots for children aged 2-4yrs.
- A breakfast club where children can make choices from a variety of healthy cereals and or toast with babies also eating porridge or puree's (Included in sessions booked from 8am, or an additional extra @ the cost of £4).
- All snacks both morning and afternoon- these include a choice or milk or water, a variety of fresh fruit plus a carbohydrate, such as bread and butter, toast, biscuits or crackers (formula milk is provided).
- A colour coded drawstring bag for you to fill with spare clothes, nappies (NAPPIES NOT INCLUDED IN COST) etc.
- A communication diary for practitioners and parents/carers to summarise their day and highlight any questions.
- Plus a colour coded book bag so that your child can share their favourite nursery books with you.